Contact Details

The Private Security Authority
Davis Street
Tipperary Town
Co. Tipperary
E34 PY91

Contact for Individual Licence
Contact for Contractor Licence

Email Addresses:

 PSMawards2017 - Private Security Authority

Applying For A Licence

Applicants for a first time contractor licence require the following:

  • Completed Application Form
  • Prescribed Licence Fee - for PSA EFT Bank Details click here
    (Information on fees is available from the menu on the left of this page)
  • Evidence of Current Valid Tax Clearance Certificate (including Revenue Tax Clearance Access Number)
  • Auditors Turnover Certificate or confirmation of turnover from contractors accountant
  • Certificate of Incorporation (for companies)
    (The certificate should be dated not more than 4 weeks prior to the application being lodged with the PSA)
  • Certificate of Business Name
    (where the trade/business name is different to the name of the beneficial owner of the business)
  • Garda Vetting Form for each of the principals
    (directors of companies, company secretary (if not a director), partners in partnerships, sole trader, shareholder with a holding of 5% or greater)
  • Foreign Criminal Record Certificate for any director, partner or sole trader who has spent 6 months or more in a foreign jurisdiction
  • Evidence of attainment of the required standard(s)
    (For information on standards please go to our Standard section, here.)

Application Packs are available from the Contractor Forms tab on the left of this page.

Incomplete applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant.

      PSA 31 Information Pack and                        PSA 31 Requirements Document  for applicants wishing to apply for or add to a licence in the Door Supervisor (Licenced Premises), Security Guard (Static), Door Supervisor (Event Security) and Security Guard (Event Security)

    Information Note on Temporary Licences

   For First Time Applicants in the CCTV and

              Intruder Alarm Sectors


It is an offence under section 38 of the Private Security Services Acts to provide a security service without a licence. A contractor should not engage in any licensable activity until they are in possession of a valid licence issued by the PSA.