Contact Details

The Private Security Authority
Davis Street
Tipperary Town
Co. Tipperary
E34 PY91

Contact for Individual Licence
Contact for Contractor Licence

Email Addresses:

 PSMawards2017 - Private Security Authority

Who Needs A Licence

Licences are currently required by contractors operating in the following sectors: 

  • Door Supervisor (Event Security) 
  • Door Supervisor (Licensed Premises) 
  • Security Guard (Event Security)
  • Security Guard (Static)
  • Security Guard (Alarm Monitoring) 
  • Security Guard (CCTV Monitoring) 
  • Access Control (Installation and Maintenance) 
  • CCTV (Installation and Maintenance) 
  • Intruder Alarm (Installation and Maintenance) 
  • Cash In Transit
  • Private Investigators
  • Locksmith

Contractors who provide services in the Door Supervisor (Licensed Premises), Security Guard (Static) and Cash In Transit sectors will also need to ensure that their employees who provide these services are also licensed. Information on employee licensing is available on the Employee Tab of the website. 

The roll out of licensing to contractors in the Suppliers and Installers of Safes and Security Consultant sectors will be announced in due course.