Contact Details

The Private Security Authority
Davis Street
Tipperary Town
Co. Tipperary
E34 PY91

Contact for Individual Licence
Contact for Contractor Licence

Email Addresses:

 PSMawards2017 - Private Security Authority

Who Needs A Licence


If you work as

  • a Security Guard (Static) or 
  • a Door Supervisor in a licenced premises or
  • a Cash-in-Transit employee carrying out cash-handling duties or
  • a Security Guard (Monitoring Centre)

then you must have a PSA licence.

When you have received your licence you will be placed on our register.

The licensing of private security employees is covered by law and copies of our legislation can be found by clicking on the "Legislation" option on our homepage. Here you can find such information as:

  • what is the definition of a Static Security Guard (SI No 468 of 2006)
  • what is covered by the term "licenced premises" (SI No 468 of 2006)
  • what types of Cash-in-Transit employees are covered by licensing (SI No 484 of 2012)
  • what is the definition of a Security Guard (Monitoring Centre) (SI No 54/2018)
  • The licensing of employees in other sectors, for example Event Security and Electronic Security, has yet to commence but an announcement will be made well in advance of licensing in these and other remaining areas becoming a legal requirement.

Click on the links for more information on how to make an application for a licence for the first time or how to renew your licence 


If you require any further information email us at or call 062 36200 and select "1" for Individual Licensing.